|CUSTOM BUILDING PROJECTS
Here are many examples of our vision and creativity
Click on pictures to enlarge them
|This is a coffee table I built for an artsy friend of mine,
using an old pool table top, bowling pins for the legs, and
covered with leftover and broken tiles from previous tile
jobs. Someone who saw it offered her $2500 for it!
|Parrot Hi-rise. This is a two-level cage enclosure that I
built for my parrot, incorporating her cage with a 2-story
foyer into a nesting box. The doors slide open for her to
roam the house but lock up when I am gone. The lower
tray catches seeds and droppings for ease of cleaning
and prevents mess on the floor.
|A friend's daughter loved butterflies, so I built this
shape of butterfly wings that she painted. The two
antennae are halogen lights for reading.
|Here is a conversion I did to one of my vans. I bought it as a cargo
van and customized it to accommodate shelves and compartments
for storing all my painting and remodeling tools and supplies, as well
as luggage storage for travel and camping. It even concealed the
spare tire. I designed it so that all compartments could be accessed
from above, below, front or back, even it it was full of lumber.
|Here is a garage that consisted only of walls when I
acquired this fixer-uper. We finished it, installing
trusses, roofing, siding and doors.
|This 1900 home's dangerously hazardous back porch was sadly neglected,
leaked, and was falling apart until we rebuilt it from the ground up
|This project was one of my favorites. I knocked the wall out between the entry and
the small study of an old Craftsman house, used a lot of antique wood including a
desk, some doors, church pew panels and even 2 antique saloon doors and built
this hall tree that looks completely original to the house.
|I was renovating an old Victorian fixer-upper and wanted to restore its original character.
So I bought some antique quartersawn oak from an architectural salvage place, and built
a vanity and drawers out of it, stained it, got antique hardware, an antique toilet, and a
reproduction sink, so the bathroom looks completely original to the period..
|Here is another vanity I built into the bathroom of an old Victorian house. I took 2
old nightstands, an antique radio cabinet and 2 antique table leaves, refinished
them and built them into this vanity.
|Here are two views (inside and outside) of the rear of a thrift store. Years ago someone removed the garage
door and bricked up the opening with cinder block and installed a service door. We needed to remove the
cinder block, brace the opening, re-install a new garage door and trim it out.
|This is a wall that was previously covered up with mirrors
and they destroyed the original mantel, but some of the
wood was still embedded in the rock wall. So I framed it
out then trimmed it in oak, added some oak trim and
architectural elements to hide the seams, stained and
finished it, and it looks better than new
|This was a "homeowner special" of a bank of particle board cabinets and a cheap
laminate top, which is the very first thing you see when you walk in the front door of
this very nice home. YUK! We replaced it with a bank of knotty alder cabinets and a
2-tier marble top. The end features a custom-designed space that fits a 20-foot
extension ladder, which is needed to change the light bulbs or dust the very high
ceiling over the entry.
|I have never understood the illogical and space-wasting
design of sink base cabinets, so I improved it. Sink base
cabinets have false drawer fronts at the top because the sink
takes up the space that the drawers would use. So I took a
drawer/door cabinet, removed the drawers and glides,
carefully removed the faceframe of the cabinet, flipped the
faceframe upside down and re-attached it, mounted the
drawers & glides at the bottom of the cabinet, installed a
cabinet bottom over the drawers, and put everything back
together. Now the doors are on top and the drawers are fully
utilized at the bottom. Problem solved!
|Here is a view of the loft area in Victorian
Remodel #2. I built these bookshelves into
this crevice space on the top of the bedroom
windows when I finished the loft.
|Here is a late 70s kitchen island that we removed, installed new
cherry cabinets plus an extra one, built a backsplash with some
marble alcoves and a granite top.
|There was a sump pump in the middle of this basement wall instead
of a usual corner. When we built this kitchen we designed it so the
sump pit would end up in the middle of a base cabinet, then we cut
part of the bottom and back out of the cabinet, so the sump pump
takes up less than half the space of a cabinet, is easily accessible,
and is hidden from view.
|This "shed" was built by an unskilled homeowner who dangerously nailed
the roof joists to the facia board of the garage, giving it no support
whatsoever! The first heavy snow collapsed it! It was built on uneven dirt
and rock that allowed water to stand in the shed. So here is a
combination of demolition, grading, landscaping, fencing, concrete
flatwork, custom building, trimwork, roofing and painting all in one project!
|Residential & Commercial * General Contracting * Subcontracting * Design & Consulting * Insured
|EPA Certified Lead-Safe
Cert # R-I-18814-15-0259
|3808 S. Eagle St. Aurora, CO
|Paypal and credit cards
through Paypal's secure link
|Click on the links
below to see pictures
of our work